Helping you understand what cookies are served via our website and their purpose.
What types of cookies are there?
Cookies fall into two groups:
- First party cookies are those placed directly by us and are used only by us. We have carefully chosen these cookies and have taken steps to ensure that your privacy and personal data is protected and respected at all times.
- You may also receive certain third party cookies on your computer or device. Third party cookies are those placed by websites and services other than us, e.g. Twitter or YouTube. We don’t have any control over third party cookies.
Within these groups, there are several different types of cookies that may be used on a website:
- Strictly necessary cookies - Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Functionality cookies - These are cookies that automatically remember choices that users have previously made in order to improve their experience next time they visit a website. For example, where users select their preferred language or layout.
- Analytical/Performance cookies - These cookies collect anonymous information about users for the purpose of assessing the performance of a website. Common uses include well-known web analytics tools such as ‘Google Analytics’.
- Marketing cookies - Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
What cookies does our site use?
|ai_session||Microsoft Application Insights||This cookie name is associated with the Microsoft Application Insights software, which collects statistical usage and telemetry information for apps built on the Azure cloud platform. This is a unique anonymous session identifier cookie.||Session (until browser/tab is closed)|
|ai_user||Microsoft Application Insights||This cookie name is associated with the Microsoft Application Insights software, which collects statistical usage and telemetry information for apps built on the Azure cloud platform. This is a unique user identifier cookie enabling counting of the number of users accessing the application over time.||1 year from setting Analytical Cookies to "On"|
|_ga||Google Analytics||This period shows the length of the period at which a service can store and/or read certain data from your computer by using a cookie, a pixel, an API, cookieless tracking, or other resources.||2 years from setting Analytical Cookies to "On"|
|_gid||Google Analytics||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing.||1 minute from setting Analytical Cookies to "On"|
|_gat||Google Analytics||This period shows the length of the period at which a service can store and/or read certain data from your computer by using a cookie, a pixel, an API, cookieless tracking, or other resources.||24 hours from setting Analytical Cookies to "On"|
|_fbp||This cookie is set by Facebook via their pixel tracking tool as part of their embedded services on our website||90 days|
Your cookie control
You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/managing-cookies